Ways to Hydrate your Dry Locks
It doesn’t matter whether its winter, spring summer or fall, each season brings conditions that will dry your hair. Dehydrated hair loses its tone and texture. It looks dull, gets brittle, and will break more easily.
Besides the seasonal dangers that lead to dry hair, blow drying, styling tools, excessive washing, chlorine from pools, sun exposure, and harsh haircare products all contribute to drying. It’s important to note that there are also medical reasons that can cause dry hair and shouldn’t be overlooked.
If you’re troubled with dry hair, it could be that your scalp isn’t producing sufficient natural oils or you’re styling your hair with tools that are too hot. The effect is intensified when those products come into direct contact with the hair. The following are the best ways to keep hair hydrated and healthy.
- Choose shampoos, conditioners, and other haircare products that are appropriate for your hair type. If your hair is already dehydrated and needs some TLC, select products with ingredients such as aloe vera, coconut oil, honey, and avocado oil.
- Dry hair may not need to be washed every day. Give your hair a two to three-day intervals between cleanses. On the “off” days, it’s perfectly fine to use a rinse out conditioner on your hair without washing.
- Instead of blow drying, gently towel dry.
- Use a good brush or wide tooth comb and never brush/comb when your hair is wet.
- Dial down the heat on your styling products, apply a thermal protective formula, or take a break from them completely. You might also consider ionic tools that work to hydrate even as you’re styling.
- Protect your hair from wind and damaging UV rays of the sun with a hat.
- If you find that your hair is more dehydrated during certain weather conditions or seasons, consider using a richer conditioning formula during those times. It’s especially important if you enjoy recreational pursuits that take you to cold climates.
- If you have color-treated hair, speak with your stylist about the best color options. He/she will be able to provide a wealth of information on products that can help you keep your tresses healthy and hydrated.
For more information about Gramercy Hair Salon and how to book your next appointment, Visit our website at https://gramercyhairsalon.com/
Follow us on social media @ https://www.facebook.com/gramercysalon/ https://twitter.com/Gramercy_Salon